10 Best iTunes Alternatives to Try in 2022
iTunes has been a popular music app by Apple for years now. But finally, with the macOS Catalina, Apple has ended iTunes and split it into Apple Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV.
That means Apple is not making new updates or changes to iTunes. In a way, iTunes is dead!
So, if you don’t want to use the deadbeat music app in 2022, you better start looking for iTunes alternatives. And you will be shocked to know how many great and better iTunes alternatives are available today.
Our team conducted a small research to find the best iTunes alternatives, and they found many great options. So, here we present the best 10 iTunes alternatives to you all.
10 Best iTunes Alternatives to Explore Non-stop Music in 2022
Replacing a multitasking software like iTunes is not an easy task. To select the best iTunes alternatives, you have to consider functionality, usability, and affordability. Here we have studied several iTunes alternatives and find the following 10 as the best contenders.
Software Rating: 4.9/5
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, macOS 10.8 or higher, iOS 13 and Android 10
Price: Full Suite for $59.95 per year
The best iTunes alternative with power transfer and backup abilities is TunesGo. There is no need to use iTunes on your device with this software. This software can transfer photos, manage them and convert live photos or videos into GIFs on both iOS and Android devices. You can easily manage your contacts, SMS, messages, music, and other media files with TunesGo. All in all, it is a great backup tool by Wondershare to replace iTunes.
- It can import, delete, add, merge and edit your mobile contacts on your computer.
- Ability to export and backup all your applications as a batch.
- Easily transfer iTunes media to iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Rebuild your iTunes library by transferring songs and other media from your phone to your computer.
- It can fix iPhone, iPad, and iPod errors that iTunes can’t identify.
- 100% clean software.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free lifetime updates.
- Great customer support.
- Fails to properly tag music files.
2. iMazing 2
Software Rating: 4.8/5
Compatible OS: Windows, macOS, and iOS
Price: $50 per year
Want to get full control over your iPhone without iTunes? Then, iMazing 2 is an amazing iTunes alternative to transfer and store music, messages, and other media. It can backup your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch content on your Windows and Mac computer with ease. The software can export and print all your iPhone messages, including iMessage, MMS, and WhatsApp chats. Additionally, iMazing 2 can backup your iOS data wirelessly.
- It can transfer all your files and documents between your iPhone and computer.
- It helps to manage all your contacts, applications, and music files.
- The software can access and export all Safari data, including bookmarks, reading lists, etc.
- Allows iPhone users to customize ringtones, alert sounds, and notifications.
- You can export your Book, Calendar, Phone, and Notes app data to your computer.
- Wireless backup option.
- Unleashes advanced security features.
- Easy to configure Apple mobile devices.
- Slightly expensive.
Software Rating: 4.7/5
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8/7 and Android
If your main purpose of using iTunes is for music, MusicBee is the best iTunes alternative for you in 2022. This free program makes it easy to manage, play and organize music files on your Windows computer and phone. The platform also works with podcasts, web radio stations, and SoundCloud integration. It is a fun and intuitive application to enhance your listening experience with loads of features like auto-tagging, a 15-band equalizer, and more.
- MusicBee uses high-end audio cards with ASIO and WASAPI support.
- There you will get logarithmic volume scaling and normalizing volume streaming.
- MusicBee also supports some WinAmp plugins to accelerate your music experience.
- You can change the appearance of MusicBee by selecting the skins or downloading from the skins addon.
- Allows you to sync playlists, podcasts, and audiobooks with two-way syncing.
- Smooth SoundCloud integration.
- Supports web radio stations and podcasts.
- 15-band equalizer.
- Only for Windows.
- Bland UI.
- It can’t manage files.
Software Rating: 4.7/5
Compatible OS: Windows and Android
Price: Free with basic features and lifetime support for $49.95.
MediaMonkey is the award-winning iTunes alternative in 2022 that can organize and play music files for you. It is a clean tool to build your music and video library to share across all your devices. This is a perfect media file manager to sort your music, audiobooks, movies, and podcasts using standard tags, multiple attributes per field, and custom fields. Besides this, a 10-band equalizer, DSP effects addons, and WASAPI drivers will provide awesome quality audio.
- The software can automatically identify tracks and search for missing metadata, lyrics, and artwork.
- It can find and remove duplicate tracks to clean up your music collection.
- It can rename media files to organize into logical folders and filenames based on album, title, artist, and more.
- Allows you to record CDs to your library and easily convert audio and video files.
- There you can listen to your favorite podcasts, radio, and sync Spotify playlists.
- Wireless syncing.
- Supports cloud services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox.
- Stream media files to Google Cast.
- Works with Windows and Android devices only.
Software Rating: 4.6/5
Compatible OS: Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Linux
Clementine is a free and open-source media player. It is a powerful yet simple iTunes alternative in 2022. You can use this fast media player to play your favorite music from local libraries or online platforms like Spotify, Grooveshark, SomaFM, and many more. With Clementine, you can create a backup for your music data on cloud storage services like OneDrive, Google Drive, Box, and Dropbox.
- The media player provides tabbed playlists and an option to easily import or export ASX, M3U, PLS, and others.
- Allows you to create dynamic and smart playlists.
- Offers CUE sheet and visualization from ProjectM.
- Ability to check lyrics, artists’ biographies, and photos while listening to the music.
- Interactive UI.
- Free and open source.
- Helps to organize data.
- Cross-platform support.
- Hard to use.
Software Rating: 4.5/5
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8/7, MacOS 10.13, and Ubuntu 20.04 or higher
Musique is a clean and elegant media player to replace iTunes in 2022. The software is nimble and features rich, including an inbuilt lyrics finder to extract the lyrics of any song. The music organization capabilities by artists and albums in a tiled mosaic view are awesome. It can retain the folder structure the same as your collection displaying your music. Overall, it is a simple and free iTunes alternative that you will try in 2022.
- Musique can show and find the song lyrics in the Info View.
- The play queue is visible on the right side to drag a music file to add to the queue.
- Uncluttered and clean user interface.
- Good to organize media files.
- Powerful music player.
- The lyrics finder is dynamic.
- Simple to use.
- Inconsistently extract lyrics.
- Limited features.
7. WALTR Pro
Software Rating: 4.3/5
Compatible OS: Windows and macOS
Price: Starts for $2.92
WALTR Pro is one of the best iTunes alternatives with a convenient and powerful user interface. It works very well with native AirDrop and can transfer photos and music files in seconds. Even the big videos can be quickly transferred between iPhone and Mac. Additionally, the program will automatically recognize the file type and push it to the native Apple apps like Photos, Books, Music, etc.
- WALTR uses ACR technology that can automatically scan and fill missing metadata.
- Simple drag and drop menu to edit cover art and metadata manually.
- It can virtually push content to native Apple apps along with VLC and Kindle devices.
- It can add files to Apple Music so you can play music using Siri.
- WALTR is a brilliant converter that can quickly turn audio and video files into Apple-friendly formats.
- Neat UI.
- Fast and secure file transfer.
- Excellent file converting features.
- A bit expensive.
- Hard to use.
Software Rating: 4.2/5
Compatible OS: Windows, macOS, and iOS
Price: Free with basic features and premium for $4.99.
If you are seeking simple yet powerful iTunes alternatives, Vox Media Player can help you a lot here. This application supports multiple audio formats, including MP3, MP4, FLAC, CUE, APE, and many more. It is not a standard music player. Vox can stream music from the iTunes library, YouTube, SoundCloud, and over 30,000+ internet radio stations. Other features include gapless playback, bass audio engine, and more.
- You can enjoy 5.1 multichannel audio for a sophisticated and comprehensive musical experience.
- Built-in radio app features to access over 30,000 internet radio stations categorized by genre and country.
- Allows you to search, browse and manage your SoundCloud music.
- Stream YouTube videos by copying/pasting links into Vox music players.
- Offers multiple advanced settings, including HogMode, OutPut channels setup, Synchronize Sample Rate, and more.
- Compatible with iTunes and personal music library.
- Excellent streaming via SoundCloud, YouTube.
- Access to 30,000+ online radio stations.
- Subscription-based pricing.
- Slow exporting speed.
Software Rating: 4.1/5
Compatible OS: Windows 10/8/7
Price: Free with the basic features and premium for $35.95.
For Windows users, WinX MediaTrans is the best iTunes alternative that allows them to transfer music, videos, photos, and other files between Windows computers and iOS devices. The app offers many close features to iTunes, including two-way music management, automatic photo backup, and more. This app can also encrypt videos and photos for safe sharing.
- It can password protect your photo with a powerful encryption algorithm including 256-bit AES, 1024-bit RSA, PBKDF2, etc.
- The program can transfer music between iOS and Windows without risk.
- It can create, modify and delete songs with an easy drag and drop interface.
- You can edit player, album names, and other information in batch mode.
- It can transfer iPhone ringtones, voice memos, and auto-convert music files to MP3 or AAC.
- Fast transfer.
- Encrypt security.
- Clean user interface.
- Not good at organizing data.
Software Rating: 4/5
Compatible OS: MacOS 10.8 or higher
Price: Free trial. A full version for $24.95.
Swinsian is a sophisticated music player that works on Mac only. This media player supports multiple file formats, tag editing and works with the largest libraries. The app is super fast and never slows, no matter how big your library is. It also has a highly customizable interface that you can edit as per your needs.
- Offers multiple views and navigation options to browse your music, including track inspector, art grid, and column browser.
- Duplicate Finder helps to find and delete duplicate music tracks using flexible criteria.
- Allows you to organize multiple tracks at once with tags.
- Help you to control playbacks seamlessly with global shortcuts and art widgets.
- Advanced tag editing.
- Folder watching.
- Hard to use.
Let’s Replace iTunes!
iTunes is a great backup, transfer, and music listening application for Apple devices. But when you need more features and a cross-platform music player, many great iTunes alternatives are available.
We have shared the best 10 iTunes alternatives already with you. So, now you need to select the most suitable iTunes alternative and explore dynamic backup and transfer features in 2022.
Also, keep on following us on social networks to explore more top 10 software guides.
Internet connectivity is the need of all smartphones, with many service providers rolling out the 5th generation internet services. Popularly called 5G, many Android devices are already updated to use these services. Not long ago, iPhone joined the brigade of 5G-supporting devices with its models starting from iPhone 12 series. Hence, many iPhone users look […]
Introduction Any software part or app Mac users download generally appears as a DMG file on the computer. To explain, these are essentially containers for applications on Mac devices. Typically, the installation process occurs without excessive installation wizards on Mac while using DMG files. In this context, a question comes up for some users- if […]
Introduction While using the computer for specific work, seeing prompts pop up about some system issue can dampen the progress heavily. One such command that many Windows notice sometimes is the “Microsoft setup bootstrapper has stopped working” error code. Typically, it is noticeable while users are trying to launch one or more than one programs […]
Introduction Keeping documents in PDF format is a common choice in businesses, teaching institutes, and other industries. This makes transferring files, storing digital copies, and other uses easier. However, before passing the PDF files onward, it is important to check the content for any errors, sensitive details, etc. If any such data is available here, […]
Introduction Many people use digital means to transfer documents, files, and such data to other users. Solutions currently allow e-signatures and document editing, but the need for printing is still important in some industries. Whether for professional or personal use, investing in printers is valuable for people who need to create physical copies of their […]
Introduction While operating a Windows, people can expect high-grade functionality and simple usability throughout. However, some errors come up and cause issues with steady operations or at least disturb other functions to some extent. The “Windows PowerShell not opening” error is one such issue that is rare but can affect regular functions for users. The […]
Introduction For device storage, different types of file systems are essential to take note of. The latest popular type with high storage Data transfer rate is the NTFS file system launched by Microsoft. However, while the NTFS solution is very efficient for Windows users, Mac users cannot utilize its benefits due to compatibility issues. To […]
Have you received the “VAC was unable to verify your game session” message recently? Let us know all about this error observed during the matchmaking process in Steam details. We’ll go through the top reasons, quick checks, and detailed fixes for managing this VAC issue. Why VAC was unable to verify the game session? Valve’s […]
Content marketing is the leading digital marketing strategy focusing on creating and distributing consistent, relevant, and valuable content. Content marketing services have proven to have different benefits to the business, including improved sales, cost savings, and increased loyal customers. It is great to have a quick look at the top content marketing statistics before moving […]
Software development is a booming industry with multiple beginners trying their hand at creating amazing applications. Out of all the possible solutions available in the market, open-source apps can be a great help for beginners in application development. Do you know that around 70,000 new Android and 32,000 new iOS applications are launched every month? […]