Best WiFi Repeater Software for PC
People require a strong internet connection for a lot of different tasks and install WiFi connections at their location. However, some users notice the trouble of internet dead zones, i.e., particular areas inside the home that do not get adequate WiFi coverage.
To fix this issue, one should invest in the best WiFi Repeater software for PC. These devices extend the WiFi router’s signal to locations that do not fall under the router’s range.
Additionally, with the WiFi repeater, you can extend your connection to the Public WiFi range level. Here, we discuss further on the different types of WiFi repeaters available particularly.
Best WiFi Repeaters for PC
The WiFi Repeaters are useful for getting WiFi connections in places that the router cannot reach. The devices duplicate the existing network or the router, not add another bandwidth or WiFi network.
Many such devices are available in the market, each with specific extension levels and features. After careful research and deliberation, we have compiled the top 10 options we found.
Connectify Hotspot is one of the best WiFi Repeater software for PC that users can operate to get better internet connections even in the network dead zones. If you select and download dedicated devices for WiFi signal boosting, it is necessary to configure the device each time you adapt the SSID code.
This software, however, is easier to use. Users can connect different types of internal connections with the different devices they use, like WiFi, 3G/4G networks, LAN, VPN connections, and DSL.
You can use it as a portable hotspot and bridge other types of devices to reduce networking issues. This app is one of the best options available for multi-device usage in different locations and saves bandwidth suitably.
Compatibility: Windows 7/8/10/11
Price: Hotspot Max- USD 103.48; Hotspot Pro- USD 62.08; 3X Hotspot Max Lifetime- USD 124.14
- Hotspot uptime is available for unlimited use
- Share internal connection via Ethernet and WiFi networks
- Firewall protection for the security of connected devices
- Custom naming of hotspot connection
- Set WiFi Repeater or Router Mode easily
- Bridging mode available
- Easy to connect across different networks/devices
- Only the Max 3 plan allows users to use the software to connect 3 PCs simultaneously
- Very costly plans
MyPublicWiFi is another notable software that works as a WiFi Repeater. You can operate it to become a specialized hotspot point for wireless network connections. The features that are available in this software are easy to use and available for free. So, it is very smooth to access the software and begin using the extended WiFi network reach for internet-based activities.
It is possible to connect different types of devices to the MyPublicWiFi software and use the WiFi hotspot quickly. It has strong security benefits in terms of connections as well.
Compatibility: Windows 11/10/8/7
- Built-in firewall for better security
- Multi-device connectivity
- Turn the device into a WiFi hotspot
- Block ads from different sites that users visit
- Restrict spyware-filled sites
- Free to use
- Simple to activate and use
- Old-school UI
- Limited features are available
The Internet Accelerator is suitable software that helps optimize the system’s configuration settings that influence Internet and network connection speed. The settings are typically pre-set, and it is difficult to change them manually without noticing more issues later.
With the Internet Accelerator tool from PointStone, it is easier to optimize system functionality and change the settings for high connection quality. This software makes it easier to transfer even very large data portions quickly and safely.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7/Vista
- Supports quick gaming and content generation
- No extra installation is necessary
- Transfers more data across internet networks quicker
- Works with multiple devices
- Efficient performance and connection
- Faster load time for the websites
- Quick downloading of pictures, music, and email
- Not very versatile
- Limited features compared to some other options
NetSpot is one of the best WiFi Repeater software for PC that adequately boosts the WiFi signals. It works with different network connections and initially scans and analyzes the signal power. Then, it helps visualize the system connection with WiFi and improves the internet connection.
Troubleshooting the network problems is easy through the pre-set modes available called Discover and Survey. Understand the condition of your network connection and find the many signal leakage locations. You can check the wireless network coverage with some clicks only.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7, Mac
- Visualized WiFi coverage
- Select location for connection boosting
- Analysis and management of home and office WiFi systems
- Two troubleshooting modes- Discover, Survey
- Multiple features and troubleshooting functions
- Scan and boost the WiFi signals
- Free software
- Some users might find it complex to understand in the early stages
- No modern UI
Ashampoo Internal Accelerator is another WiFi Repeater software that helps include the connection speed and signal reach easily. Users can make necessary changes in the settings with some clicks only and expect better signal strength.
It is simple to remove past internet search traces and block spyware that is redirecting to your connection. With this software, it is easier to quickly get a stable and fast connection with no excessive or complex steps.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7
Price: USD 1.66
- Redirects spyware-filled links or websites with the Hosts File Checker feature
- Internet Cleaners removes all surfing data
- Auto-checking available for primary settings of Internet access points
- Evaluate live connection parameters for better network configuring
- New intuitive layout
- Configure and even boost browsers like Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Robust security
- Not available for free
- Connection issues with some devices
HostedNetworkStarter is a WiFi Repeater software that workly solely on Windows PC devices. Users can create a personalized hotspot using the WiFi adapter of the PC. Then, they can connect any device to the internet connection that the hotspot releases.
There is a not-so-complex installation process here. Users have to download the available zip file and unzip it. After that, they must run the present executable file immediately. Use command-line parameters to optimize the software functionality.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7
- Include Windows adapter functionality
- Suitable with multiple devices and networks
- Simplistic interface for easy usability
- Focused on command-line parameters
- Suitable with any devices
- Easily usability
- Free software
- Old-school interface
- hnetcfg.dll crashes on some devices
mHotspot is one of the best WiFi Repeater software that is available for free use for PC users. All of the best features are available, like increasing the coverage range of the WiFi network to a larger area with some clicks. It supports different network connections, like a cellular network, Ethernet, LAN, and others.
Users can use this software on different types of devices like PCs, tablets, mobile phones, laptops, and PDAs. As a repeater, it improves the WiFi range highly and can work on 10 devices at a time.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8/7
- Check network usage details like Download speed, upload speed, transfer rates, etc.
- Set personalized hotspot name
- Use WPA2 PSK password protection for secure connections
- View connected device details, like name and IP address
- The repeater software increases the WiFi connection range
- Multi-network compatibility
- Low size of 400 KB
- The maximum number of devices that users can use are pre-set
- Only for Windows users
Virtual Router Plus is a suitable WiFi Repeater app that you can utilize to connect your mobile devices to the wireless internet connection. This works even if your own router is not configured for WiFi connectivity.
It completely converts PC devices into specialized WiFi routers. So, users can prepare their own home network using the software. Different types of devices like smartphones, laptops, and tablets work with this software.
There is no need to install specific hardware to your system to run Virtual Router Plus. It is compatible with diverse internet connections and allows free wireless sharing, whether one uses a Dial-up, Cable Modem, LAN, WiFi, or cellular.
Compatibility: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7
- Password-protected network connections
- One-click WiFi access
- Prepare personalized WiFi access points
- Installation is not necessary
- Free to use
- Very easy usability
- Not highly stable
- Other more functional options are available
Maryfi is another best WiFi Repeater software for PC, specifically Windows computers after version 7. You can share different types of internal connections, whether through the cellular card, cable modem, or an alternative WiFi network, easily using this software.
Devices like smartphones, laptops, gaming systems, and music players are compatible with this hotspot, allowing users an all-around network connection with whatever they are using. It is compatible with VPN connections like Avast SecureLine VPN and proxies, so you can still expect strong security and other VPN benefits while using this.
Compatibility: Windows 8.1/8/7
- Stream video content and play games from any location
- Works without internet connection
- No extra configuration necessary to set for specific networks
- No need to add any extra wires, hardware, plugs, etc., to operate the software
- Share files or content across any internet connection
- Free to use
- Compatible with diverse devices like phones, laptops, gaming systems, etc.
- Some alternatives are better
- Limited features
10. OSToto Hotspot
The OSToto Hotspot is one of the best WiFi Repeater software available in the market. It is available for free, and users can turn any device they use, like a desktop PC, notebook, or laptop, into a router. You can use these devices as portable WiFi hotspots and use them in any private or public location.
The connections you would use through this software would have good security for safe transactions. With other portable devices, you can share the available internet connection like Cable, DSL, LAN, WiFi, Mobile Broadband Card, Bluetooth, etc.
Compatibility: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista
- Background operation while other applications/programs are running
- Simplistic-looking app interface
- Robust password encryption
- Adapt any notebook/laptop/desktop PC with a wireless adapter into a route for wireless connection
- Easy installation process
- Suitable for complete beginners
- High-quality performance and internet connection
- Not many security benefits are available here
- Hard to handle system or content customization
WiFi Repeater software types in this list can create strong duplicate wireless network connections and improve the internet reach for users.
Among the options available, Connectify is a suitable choice with high-grade features, reliable connection, and multi-network compatibility. Some, like Maryfi, support VPN connections, so you can expect a high-quality and secure internet browsing experience while using a duplicate network through this repeater.
For the best experience, you should consider your primary requirements, available device, and WiFi network. Then, choose the best WiFi Repeater software for you.
Please go through our other posts if this one was useful for you. Let us know your thoughts.
Having trouble with your WLAN drivers? Explore a step-by-step guide to download 802 11n WLAN driver on Windows, including manual settings and automatic updates.
Stuck with the Mac won’t boot into recovery mode issue? In this guide, we will explore the most probable causes behind this issue and provide you with practical solutions.
The calendar app plays a vital role in managing daily schedules. In this troubleshooting guide, we have listed some of the best fixes to fix the Calendar app not working issue on Windows.
Introduction: The Downloads folder on our Windows computers serves as a crucial hub for storing all the files we acquired from the web. Whether it’s important documents, entertaining videos, or software installations, this folder plays a vital role in organizing and accessing our digital content. However, encountering the downloads folder not responding issue can be […]
Introduction: Encountering the “Your IP has been temporarily blocked” on your PC can be frustrating as it hinders your browsing experience. Whether you are trying to access a website, send an important email, or stream your favorite content, receiving the dreaded message can leave you feeling helpless and disconnected from the online world. The good […]
Introduction: Text messaging has become deeply ingrained in our daily lives. Whether it’s a heartfelt conversation, important information, or cherished memories, our Android phones store a treasure trove of valuable messages. But what happens when you need a hard copy of those messages? Fear not, for we have the solution. In this comprehensive guide, we […]
Introduction: Gone are the days when video creation and sharing were reserved for a privileged few. In today’s age, YouTube has become the ultimate hub for video content and entertainment that draws countless viewers from all corners of the world. Whether you’re a budding filmmaker, a passionate vlogger, or a business owner seeking to expand […]
Introduction: Agree or not but ChatGPT is an extraordinary AI marvel that has taken the digital world by storm. With the help of this intuitive platform, you can have endless human-like conversations and get answers to almost anything. Powered by the latest breakthroughs in natural language processing, ChatGPT has revolutionized the way we interact, learn, […]
Introduction Windows losing its network connection without warning may be very upsetting. Whatever the connection to your Wi-Fi is steady, you could still see the error message “Windows can’t connect to this network.” Fortunately, you may attempt a variety of options. This article will examine five solutions to a Windows computer’s inability to link to […]