How to encrypt your WhatsApp backup on Google Drive?
WhatsApp is the leading instant messaging platform used globally. It is a perfect tool for quick personal and professional communications. This cross-platform and voice-over-internet-IP service helps users share locations, documents, images, payments, voice calls, video calls, and many more.
However, due to the increased cyber security issues, WhatsApp needs to be protected from unauthorized access. It is easy to understand the different steps related to improving digital privacy by encrypting the WhatsApp backup on Google drive. It helps WhatsApp users to keep a secure chat backup protected by a password or encryption key.
WhatsApp is doing its best when it comes to protecting user data. The company launched the encrypted cloud backup option in 2021 only. Beginners and professionals can quickly go through all about this feature and can enable it on their devices.
Prerequisites for encrypting WhatsApp backup on Google Drive:
Before jumping to the steps to encrypt WhatsApp backup on Google Drive, it is necessary to learn some requirements. So, the key points to remember for this process include the following:
- WhatsApp rolled out end-to-end encryption for cloud backups in 2021 but it needs to be enabled by a specific user.
- It is necessary to use a minimum seven-character password, at least one number or a 64-digit encryption key to protect WhatsApp backup. It is impossible to recover encrypted WhatsApp backup on Google drive without these details.
- It is easy to change the frequency of the WhatsApp backup based on specific needs.
- All the WhatsApp encrypted backup settings can be changed at any time manually.
- It is essential to use any security tool like Norton mobile security to keep your device protected from random cyber attacks.
Steps to encrypt WhatsApp backup on Google Drive:
After going through the key points about backup encryption on Google drive, it is time to understand the detailed steps for the same. So, below are the quick steps to encrypt WhatsApp backup on Google drive:
- Open WhatsApp on the device. Go to “Settings,” located in the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner.
- Go to the “Chats” option in WhatsApp settings.
- Go to the “Chat backup” option in the Chats menu of WhatsApp settings.
- Start the WhatsApp chat backup. Once done, go to the “End-to-end encrypted backup” option.
- Click on the “TURN ON” option when system asks for permission.
- Select any one choice out of the “CREATE PASSWORD” or “USE 64-DIGIT ENCRYPTION KEY” options for protecting the WhatsApp backup.
- If going for the password, it must have six characters and one letter. If going for the 64-bit encryption key, it is necessary to save it as WhatsApp doesn’t preserve it. Go to “Continue” to turn on encryption for WhatsApp backup on Google drive.
Steps to check WhatsApp backup on Google Drive:
It is easy to check the WhatsApp backup on Google Drive after encrypting it. It relives the WhatsApp users about their data backup and ensures that the complete access and control of the backup are with them only. So, below are the quick steps to check WhatsApp backup on Google drive:
- Sign in to Google drive with the respective Google Account.
- Go to “Settings” of Google drive by clicking on the gear symbol.
- Go to the “Manage apps” section.
- Go to the list of the applications connected to Google drive. Look for the “WhatsApp Messenger” option. Go to the “Options” located ahead of it and check the WhatsApp backup.
- It is easy to delete or backup WhatsApp data using Google drive. It is not possible to retrieve this data from any other program directly as it is encrypted through WhatsApp.
Protecting the encrypted WhatsApp backup on Google Drive:
It is easy to encrypt the WhatsApp backup on Google drive with the detailed steps mentioned above. Hence, a specific lock key or password is required to decrypt WhatsApp backup and install it on any other device.
WhatsApp users can rely on the small logistics, which come at a minimal price to pay for safeguarding their online privacy. It is easy to understand the WhatsApp protocols in detail to protect the detailed WhatsApp backup and install it on any other device easily and safely.
Encrypt WhatsApp backup on Google Drive- Important points:
After going through all about the encrypted WhatsApp backup on Google drive, it is easy to keep in mind the following important points:
- Encrypt WhatsApp backup on Google drive is available to all users, but it needs to be manually initiated.
- It is crucial to encrypt the WhatsApp backup on Google drive to eliminate any security loopholes in managing WhatsApp chats.
- It is necessary to remember the password or the 64-bit encryption key used to encrypt the WhatsApp backup on Google drive. It is impossible to decrypt this WhatsApp backup on other devices without them.
- Encrypting WhatsApp backup on Google drive takes a few moments only but is important when it is about protecting digital privacy.
Hope everything is clear to our readers about the WhatsApp backup encryption on Google Drive. It is easy to manually enable the WhatsApp security feature protecting the backup on Google drive. Users can quickly set a lock key or a password to use this encrypted WhatsApp data on other devices securely.
With the increased protection of WhatsApp backup and other data, it is easy for users to rely on this instant messaging app for personal or professional needs. However, security remains a crucial concern amid the increased cyber attacks. It is easy to optimize the security of WhatsApp with its essential features like backup encryption on Google drive.
How to Read Text Messages Out Loud with Android
Introduction By changing settings from the device’s accessibility screen, you may use Google’s Text-to-Speech tool. Select the content that will be read, decide how the smartphone will respond, and watch a brief instruction on how text-to-speech functions to improve your device. When enabled, your phone can read text out loud when you hold over something […]
How to Fix a Kmode Exception Not Handled Error in Windows
Introduction: If you use Windows frequently, encountering bugs and errors is quite inevitable, especially the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors. And well, one such frustrating issue is the kmode exception not handled error that barges out of the blue hindering your workflow. Whether you are a tech-savvy enthusiast or a casual user, understanding and […]
How to Fix the “Class not Registered” Error on Windows
Introduction: If you’ve ever encountered the frustrating “Class not Registered” error message on your Windows computer, you’re not alone. This common issue can occur when you attempt to open a file, launch an application, or perform certain actions on your system. It often leaves users puzzled and wondering what went wrong. The “Class not Registered” […]
How to Screen Record on Windows 11
Introduction Open the Snipping Tool to begin a screen recording in Windows 11 to capture what is on your screen. You can also open the Game Bar on your Xbox by pressing Windows+G, then launch the recording window and tap the record button. Use a third-party program, such as OBS, ScreenPresso, or GeForce Service, to […]
Best Apple Pencil Apps for Productivity in 2023
Introduction The Ecosystem of the Apple company is huge as once you purchase any Apple device, you cannot resist other accessories of the Apple company. An Apple pencil is a part of the ecosystem and accessories for iOS Tablets and Macs. Whether you own a Tablet, MacBook, or iPhone, Apple pencil works on every device. […]
How to Customize the Taskbar in Windows 11
Introduction Taskbar is very useful in quick access to any other Windows directly from the Taskbar panel. But are you aware of the advantages and features you can access with a taskbar? Many people have no clue about what you can do with your Taskbar and how you can customize it. Therefore you can enjoy […]
Top 10 Offline RPGs For Windows in 2023
Introduction Looking for offline games! We got you a list of RPGs in 2023. In the developing World, the gaming community is rising with lightning speed. People play multiple role play games online with friends or for earning purposes. Nowadays, there are many popular platforms like YouTube and Twitch where you can earn money by […]
10 Best Coding Apps for Kids on Android And iOS
Introduction There has never been a better opportunity to get a competitive edge on whatever you want your young champ to learn, whether it is how to build some of the best useful apps or beautiful websites. The nicest aspect is the absence of an age requirement. It gives everyone—adults, teenagers, and children—endless opportunities. As […]
The Best 5 Screenshot Applications for Android to try now
You often struggle with taking screenshots on your Android phone following the default method, i.e., pressing the lock and volume down buttons together. The situation worsens further when either of the keys is not working properly. Besides, you need to synchronize the press times of both keys to take the screenshot, which often leads to […]
10 Best Translator Apps for Android & iOS
Introduction Technology has made it easy for people to connect worldwide. Whether you are interacting online or traveling to other locations, you can talk directly to people from those areas. Yet, just because the means to do it is now available, it does not remove the problem of language barriers. While you can learn the […]