How to Fix Windows 11 Camera Not Working?
Windows 11 is the leading operating system for different devices. Users often face the issue of Windows 11 camera not working on different devices. Like any other software, certain bugs may still cause issues in basic functionalities. The modern era of remote working has further pressed the need for a functional camera at all times.
Hence, it comes down to solving the problem of the Windows 11 camera not working. First, let us go through the key solutions for making the camera work on Windows 11. Then, we’ll go through the key reasons for this issue to understand more. Starting with the top causes of the camera not working on Windows 11.
Windows 11 camera not working- top reasons:
Before looking for solutions, it is easy to have a quick brief of the Windows 11 camera not working. Some of the main reasons for this problem are:
- Corrupted camera app: The camera app on the Windows 11 may start creating issues in capturing images. Hence, it is easy to reset and repair the camera app to solve the problem of a non-functional camera.
- Damaged camera drivers: Dedicated camera drivers are required for effective functioning. The damaged or missing camera drivers may cause camera issues in the system. The camera drives need to be reinstalled or updated with the existing drivers.
- Third-party antivirus: Any third-party antivirus installed on the Windows 11 system may hamper the seamless functioning of the camera app. The security program may be blocking the camera app.
- Privacy settings: The different privacy settings of Windows 11 may cease camera app access. These settings may block the apps from untrusted sources or the camera app on the Windows system.
Solutions to fix Windows 11 camera not working:
After going through the top reasons for the camera app not working on Windows 11, it is all about the different solutions to fix this issue. Some of the top solutions are:
- Updating Windows: One of the primary solutions for solving camera issues on Windows 11 is to update it. Updating Windows will fix the possible bugs and driver issues. Hence, it is easy to install the pending updates of Windows 11 on your system.
- Disabling antivirus: Some antivirus programs on the Windows 11 system may carry the privacy setting preventing camera access. Hence, you need to disable the antivirus for a couple of minutes to solve the issue. If the camera starts working with disabled antivirus, it is recommended to replace it with another powerful version.
- Checking connection: The camera connected with the USB cable to Windows 11 device may not work properly due to poor connection. Hence, you must check the cable connection and look for any weak connection between the camera and the PC.
- Looking for a physical switch: Many laptops or devices working on Windows 11 may have an external physical switch for turning the camera on and off. Hence, all you need to do is look for the current state of the physical switch.
- Using different USB ports: If an external camera is used on Windows 11, it is easy to unplug the camera and plug it back. The non-functioning of the camera can be due to the problematic USB port connections. Thus, you must try a different USB port to connect and attach the camera to your Windows 11.
- Running camera troubleshooting: It is easy to run camera troubleshooting on Windows 11 in the following steps:
- Click “Windows + S” to open Windows Search, enter “troubleshoot settings”, and click enter.
- Click “other troubleshooters.”
- Go to the “Run” button near “Camera.”
- Checking system permissions: It is easy to check the system permission on the Windows 11 device if the camera is not working properly. The quick steps for the same are:
- Click “Windows + I” to launch device settings and go to the “Privacy and Security” tab. Go to “App permissions.”
- Check that the “camera access” is set to on.
- Re-enabling camera driver: It is easy to re-enable the camera driver quickly to access the camera on Windows 11 device. The quick steps are:
- Go to the search icon and type “device manager.”
- Go to the “camera” and select the “webcam.” Disable it.
- Again click on the option and “enable device.”
- Updating or reinstalling camera drivers: It is easy to update or reinstall the outdated camera drivers in the following way:
- Go to the search icon and type “device manager.”
- Go to “cameras” and select “update driver” option.
- Resetting the camera app: The camera issues can be resolved by resetting the camera app in the following steps
- Click “Windows + I” and launch the settings app. Go to the “Apps and features” option.
- Go to “camera” and click on “advanced options.”
- Go to the “Reset” option for resetting the camera app, or can even uninstall it.
Hence, no more fuss in solving the problems of the Windows 11 camera not working. It is easy to understand the key reasons for the issue, like the system’s privacy settings or third-party antivirus programs. The corrupted camera app or the damaged camera drivers can be another reason for the non-functioning camera.
Coming to the solutions, it is easy to update Windows, disable antivirus, or look for USB connections. Some devices may have a physical switch for the camera, which can be checked, or USB connections can be checked. Further, it is easy to reset the camera app, update camera drivers, re-enable the camera, etc. Finally, users can run camera troubleshooting or system permission for enabling the camera on Windows 11.
How To Fix WhatsApp Voice Or Video Call With No Sound?
Introduction WhatsApp is a popular way to stay in touch with friends and family worldwide. However, a WhatsApp call without your friend’s voice or smile is the worst. Poor network connectivity, device malfunction, or software glitches can cause this. WhatsApp calls without sound can be fixed easily. You can quickly resolve the problem and resume […]
Best Free Cloud Storage in 2023
Introduction In the matter of superior-level data management support, what are the main parameters to focus on? The answer for that includes what service providers assure high-grade syncing ability, strong storage support, and secure transactions. In this context, choosing the right cloud service is beneficial. The free cloud storage providers allow seamless data management benefits, […]
How to Extract Text from Images on Windows?
Introduction Sharing information in different file formats, like images, videos, and documents is relatively simple. Sometimes, these files have content more commonly seen in other formats, like written text in image files. For example, if you scan the book pages, forms, or a receipt, the file will be in image format but with written content […]
How to Disable Fast Startup on Windows 10?
Introduction Windows 10 users get to use a lot of features aiming to improve user experience with different computer-based functions. The Fast Startup feature is an upgrade from the Windows 8 Fast Boot function. The new version assures a speedier boot-up process but is slightly complex. Users sometimes find functional defects in the Fast Startup […]
How to Fix “This Webpage Was Reloaded Because a Problem Occurred” on a Mac?
What does come to your mind when asked about internet surfing on Mac? It is unarguably Safari! Safari is the preferred internet browser choice for Mac users globally. It is customized to work seamlessly on Apple’s hardware while optimizing battery performance. Safari ensures web browsing, viewing, link previews, and translation of web pages. However, being […]
How to Add Widgets to the Windows 11 Desktop?
Introduction Microsoft has introduced different functions available in the Windows software versions to improve user experience. The Widgets panel noticeable in the Windows 11 version is similar but an upgrade from the Windows 10 News and Interests panel. If you want to add widgets, Windows 11 allows for that function in this panel easily. Users […]
5 Best GPS Navigation Apps for iPhone in 2023
Introduction When people travel to new locations, it is possible for them to feel out of depth to navigate through the place. In these cases, GPS navigation apps are better alternatives to try for users for safer movements in different areas. Technological advancements make these types available on iOS-based devices in online and native app […]
5 Best GPS Navigation Apps for Android in 2023
Introduction While walking through an unknown city or driving through busy roads, one can get lost sometimes. After all, some locations have an intricate network of roads, streets, and back lanes, and city planning in different localities is not always the same. In these situations, using the best GPS navigation apps are useful to get […]
How to Speed Up a Video on iPhone?
Introduction Watching different types of videos on your smartphone is one of the little luxuries practically everyone enjoys. In terms of service quality, iPhones’ smooth functionality and high-quality visuals make the video-watching process more exciting. However, having certain functions is needed whether you are watching a video for leisure, information, or editing purposes. For example, […]
How to use Open Shell in Windows 11?
Have you recently upgraded to Windows 11? You must have been trying hard to accustom yourself to the new sleeker design and advanced features. But are you facing issues in going through the icon-heavy taskbar of Windows 11? What if we tell you that it is possible to bring back your favorite start menu on […]