How to Fix Windows 11 Camera Not Working?
Windows 11 is the leading operating system for different devices. Users often face the issue of Windows 11 camera not working on different devices. Like any other software, certain bugs may still cause issues in basic functionalities. The modern era of remote working has further pressed the need for a functional camera at all times.
Hence, it comes down to solving the problem of the Windows 11 camera not working. First, let us go through the key solutions for making the camera work on Windows 11. Then, we’ll go through the key reasons for this issue to understand more. Starting with the top causes of the camera not working on Windows 11.
Windows 11 camera not working- top reasons:
Before looking for solutions, it is easy to have a quick brief of the Windows 11 camera not working. Some of the main reasons for this problem are:
- Corrupted camera app: The camera app on the Windows 11 may start creating issues in capturing images. Hence, it is easy to reset and repair the camera app to solve the problem of a non-functional camera.
- Damaged camera drivers: Dedicated camera drivers are required for effective functioning. The damaged or missing camera drivers may cause camera issues in the system. The camera drives need to be reinstalled or updated with the existing drivers.
- Third-party antivirus: Any third-party antivirus installed on the Windows 11 system may hamper the seamless functioning of the camera app. The security program may be blocking the camera app.
- Privacy settings: The different privacy settings of Windows 11 may cease camera app access. These settings may block the apps from untrusted sources or the camera app on the Windows system.
Solutions to fix Windows 11 camera not working:
After going through the top reasons for the camera app not working on Windows 11, it is all about the different solutions to fix this issue. Some of the top solutions are:
- Updating Windows: One of the primary solutions for solving camera issues on Windows 11 is to update it. Updating Windows will fix the possible bugs and driver issues. Hence, it is easy to install the pending updates of Windows 11 on your system.
- Disabling antivirus: Some antivirus programs on the Windows 11 system may carry the privacy setting preventing camera access. Hence, you need to disable the antivirus for a couple of minutes to solve the issue. If the camera starts working with disabled antivirus, it is recommended to replace it with another powerful version.
- Checking connection: The camera connected with the USB cable to Windows 11 device may not work properly due to poor connection. Hence, you must check the cable connection and look for any weak connection between the camera and the PC.
- Looking for a physical switch: Many laptops or devices working on Windows 11 may have an external physical switch for turning the camera on and off. Hence, all you need to do is look for the current state of the physical switch.
- Using different USB ports: If an external camera is used on Windows 11, it is easy to unplug the camera and plug it back. The non-functioning of the camera can be due to the problematic USB port connections. Thus, you must try a different USB port to connect and attach the camera to your Windows 11.
- Running camera troubleshooting: It is easy to run camera troubleshooting on Windows 11 in the following steps:
- Click “Windows + S” to open Windows Search, enter “troubleshoot settings”, and click enter.
- Click “other troubleshooters.”
- Go to the “Run” button near “Camera.”
- Checking system permissions: It is easy to check the system permission on the Windows 11 device if the camera is not working properly. The quick steps for the same are:
- Click “Windows + I” to launch device settings and go to the “Privacy and Security” tab. Go to “App permissions.”
- Check that the “camera access” is set to on.
- Re-enabling camera driver: It is easy to re-enable the camera driver quickly to access the camera on Windows 11 device. The quick steps are:
- Go to the search icon and type “device manager.”
- Go to the “camera” and select the “webcam.” Disable it.
- Again click on the option and “enable device.”
- Updating or reinstalling camera drivers: It is easy to update or reinstall the outdated camera drivers in the following way:
- Go to the search icon and type “device manager.”
- Go to “cameras” and select “update driver” option.
- Resetting the camera app: The camera issues can be resolved by resetting the camera app in the following steps
- Click “Windows + I” and launch the settings app. Go to the “Apps and features” option.
- Go to “camera” and click on “advanced options.”
- Go to the “Reset” option for resetting the camera app, or can even uninstall it.
Hence, no more fuss in solving the problems of the Windows 11 camera not working. It is easy to understand the key reasons for the issue, like the system’s privacy settings or third-party antivirus programs. The corrupted camera app or the damaged camera drivers can be another reason for the non-functioning camera.
Coming to the solutions, it is easy to update Windows, disable antivirus, or look for USB connections. Some devices may have a physical switch for the camera, which can be checked, or USB connections can be checked. Further, it is easy to reset the camera app, update camera drivers, re-enable the camera, etc. Finally, users can run camera troubleshooting or system permission for enabling the camera on Windows 11.
Introduction Trading with cryptocurrencies has almost become the norm nowadays, and many reputed NFT platforms are releasing apps to make it easier for users to have this experience. Through these apps, traders can sell, buy, and even make NFTs at any location with an active online connection. However, with many options available, which one to […]
Introduction Keyboard shortcuts make it much easier to do a lot of tasks on computers. One of the most valuable shortcuts that carry out functions is pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously. Together, the shortcut effectively kills applications that are using up a lot of memory, stopping non-responsive processes, and even restarting the […]
Seamless internet connectivity is necessary for any system to complete different functions effectively. However, this internet connection comes at the cost of increased cyber threats. The personal and professional data of the users is at stake with malware trying to enter the systems. Hence, there is a need of the straightforward and effective solution to […]
The fear of public speaking can be a hurdle for many people in gaining personal and professional momentum. Whether it is about an important interview or a crucial presentation, public speaking apps can offer the much-required help. A little work over these public speaking apps can help make the speech effective and memorable. Many professionals […]
Windows 10 and 11 are Microsoft’s highly optimized versions of this operating system. Loaded with different features making it a perfect operating system for many personal and professional uses, Windows 10 and 11 aim to facilitate the user experience. However, users may soon get irritated with the annoying feedback notifications. Microsoft asks for feedback, suggestions, […]
Every mobile user has some apps on their device that they want to hide from other people. Therefore, Android enables its users to hide apps on Android devices with easy steps. Android has a huge global community. There were around 3 billion Android users in 2021. So, to guide billions of Android users, we have […]
Does your browser not redirect you to the desired website? Instead, a DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error message appears in the browser. This error is related to DNS (Domain Name System) or internet connectivity issues. The Domain Name System organizes internet traffic by mapping domain names to specific server IP addresses. In DNS transactions, a […]
Nothing is more annoying than having your Mac unexpectedly shut down, especially when you’re in the middle of something critical. In most cases, it is a one-time occurrence that never occurs. If you see your MacBook keeps shutting down repeatedly without warning, you should investigate the cause and look for tips and tools to help […]
Apple Music is one of the most useful Apple services launched in 2015. According to Business of Apps, there were 88 million active Apple Music subscribers in 2021, with a whopping revenue of $68.4 billion. But, unfortunately, many users have complained about “Apple Music not working” for them. Going through Apple forms, we found most […]
Introduction Users can sync their files into iCloud while using Apple devices. But the process requires some extra steps that can become complicated for some users to handle, especially if they are new to the iOS ecosystem. Besides logging into the account, you need to activate the note-syncing process in the storage and device. However, […]